Cerbios Compatibility lists

• 6 months later...

I tested most of the incompatible CCI games with Repackinator 1.4.4 as part of setting up my full CCI set. No change to any of them. 

Do we know if the team are actively looking to fix those few games or are they just never going to be compatible with CCI?

Tbh it wasn't a huge deal as the space savings I got from using CCI for the majority of the set left plenty of room in a 2tb partition to fit the incompatible games as extracted or Xiso.

But for the OCD people out there it is a minor annoyance not having pure CCI for the whole set tho 🙂

I think the games that have speed issues are not fixable. I think thats hardware related. The best thing to do is use a fast hdd like a ssd instead of a 5400rpm drive, this can help somewhat for some games.

The other games with issues will be fixed at some point, like the couple of games that are freezing. These are unrelated to the use of cci.

• 4 months later...

@Dempsey_86

So it seems that a straight up CCI conversion of the Redump image for The Sims 2 (USA) results in a dirty disc error at launch. The compatibility list shows it as working. I tried converting it twice from a freshly downloaded Redump iso. Dirty Disc error both times. 

It can be fixed by extracting the game and using the patch from Rocky5 that is contained in the XBMC4Gamers scripts section to patch the xbe. It can then be converted back to CCI using the windows right click menu and then runs without issues. 

Can you update the compatibility list with this info??

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

@Dempsey_86

So it seems that a straight up CCI conversion of the Redump image for The Sims 2 (USA) results in a dirty disc error at launch. The compatibility list shows it as working. I tried converting it twice from a freshly downloaded Redump iso. Dirty Disc error both times. 

It can be fixed by extracting the game and using the patch from Rocky5 that is contained in the XBMC4Gamers scripts section to patch the xbe. It can then be converted back to CCI using the windows right click menu and then runs without issues. 

Can you update the compatibility list with this info??

Thanks for your reply,

The reason I missed that one was because I tested the cci games with a 1.6 console. With this 1.6 you needed to disable 480p and 720p in order to play the game on this revision (without using patches). Let it be that the game works fine with these resolutions disabled. There where other users reporting this too after the release of the sheet. I found out on my 1.4 console, if I disable 480p and 720p the game boots fine.

We found out that its not a cci/cerbios problem but a xbmc / xbmc4gamers / emustation problem. If you load the game with evox it boots fine.

Rockys patches are made to work around the games that have the xcal bug on 1.6 consoles. What his patches do is load the game with evox. Thats why your game loads now. 

I did hope you had found a fix for xbmx / xbmc4gamers.

On 6/18/2024 at 4:24 PM, Dempsey_86 said:

Thanks for your reply,

The reason I missed that one was because I tested the cci games with a 1.6 console. With this 1.6 you needed to disable 480p and 720p in order to play the game on this revision (without using patches). Let it be that the game works fine with these resolutions disabled. There where other users reporting this too after the release of the sheet. I found out on my 1.4 console, if I disable 480p and 720p the game boots fine.

We found out that its not a cci/cerbios problem but a xbmc / xbmc4gamers / emustation problem. If you load the game with evox it boots fine.

Rockys patches are made to work around the games that have the xcal bug on 1.6 consoles. What his patches do is load the game with evox. Thats why your game loads now. 

I did hope you had found a fix for xbmx / xbmc4gamers.

So a patched xbe for the game running on a system that has no trace of EvoX as either a dash or a bios on it, somehow uses evox to boot this game? Thats impressive if thats the case lol

2 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

So a patched xbe for the game running on a system that has no trace of EvoX as either a dash or a bios on it, somehow uses evox to boot this game? Thats impressive if thats the case lol

Ok I was wrong here, I confused it with the 1.6 xbox patches. The patches you where talking about where the dirty disc patches that I didn't know exist from rocky lol

I will add solutions to boot this game to the notes

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 7:33 PM, Dempsey_86 said:

Ok I was wrong here, I confused it with the 1.6 xbox patches. The patches you where talking about where the dirty disc patches that I didn't know exist from rocky lol

I will add solutions to boot this game to the notes

I stay away from 1.6 consoles so I've never had to worry about those 480p loaders or fixes. You are right in that it was a "Dirty Disc" error that I was getting with the straight Redump to CCI conversion for The Sims 2. It gave the error immediately at launch, before the first of the Maxis intro screens.