Jump to content

[DL] OGXBox Cerbios BFM USB Softmod Installer (1fichier & Mega)


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

i was running softmod on v1.1 og xbox. i logged in via ftp and found e:\UDATA\21585554 and renamed it to e:\UDATA\21585554-OLD. Copied over the new 21585554 folder via FTP and ran the E:\UDATA\21585554\000000000000installer.xbe

 

my kernel is 5838, confirmed in unleash x before running this program. it completed and told me it would return to the first screen and that all i needed to do was reboot. on rebooting, i am greeted with green microsoft logo and then black screen after the xbox logo. 

 

did i brick my console?? im not sure how/where i went wrong here. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dark Destiny said:

Yeah, I don't think that your 1.1 has a 5838 kernel. That was the one from your softmod not the orig. one of your xbox which you should have checked in the MS dash as written in the read me and pdf and mentioned in the video. 

 

can i recover with a modchip or i am boned?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dark Destiny said:

In case your XBox LED still turns amber you can boot a DVD and fix it with FTP or the explorer. If not a modchip is the way to go IF you dont have a eeprom backup of your xbox on your PC. 

green light only. i dont have an eeprom back up. dang. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow. This is freakin' incredible! One issue I have, though. As soon as I installed it, just getting past the boot animation flubber, the console fan speeds up to about 40% by the sounds of it. It slows down after loading up a game and playing a bit. Version 1.6; XBMC4Gamers default dash, 5838 kernel/5960 dash. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Androxilogin said:

Wow. This is freakin' incredible! One issue I have, though. As soon as I installed it, just getting past the boot animation flubber, the console fan speeds up to about 40% by the sounds of it. It slows down after loading up a game and playing a bit. Version 1.6; XBMC4Gamers default dash, 5838 kernel/5960 dash. 

You can set the fan speed in the cerbios.ini which you can find on the C partition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really awesome way to give Cerbios a spin for softmodded consoles, has worked successfully on a couple I've tried it on. Pretty direct, simple to use, sleek setup. Thanks for your efforts putting this together and sharing it!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Dark Destiny changed the title to [DL] OGXBox Cerbios BFM USB Softmod Installer (1fichier & Mega)
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 11:13 PM, Dark Destiny said:

Yeah, I don't think that your 1.1 has a 5838 kernel. That was the one from your softmod not the orig. one of your xbox which you should have checked in the MS dash as written in the read me and pdf and mentioned in the video. 

 

Good morning.
If I wanted to upgrade from Rocky's5 softmod to this one would it be possible? if so how?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2024 at 6:58 PM, solidus_snake said:

Good morning.
If I wanted to upgrade from Rocky's5 softmod to this one would it be possible? if so how?

Well, not want to be rude in any way, but if that is already a problem for you, you should NOT use this softmod at all. Also there is no reason to use it if you don't have 128MB ram, don't want to go above 2TB with your HDD and you don't want to use CCI. 

Anyway. There is no option to update from Rocky5's softmod to this one. 

How ever, if you like to update for what ever reason, I suggest to follow MrMario2011's YT tutorial : 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello! And thanks for the softmod! Btw, the Games tab in UnleashX doesn't load games due to formatting error.
I had to adjust the following file in "E\Dash/UnleashX/config.xml"

I've changed this (lines 72 to 83)

 

		<List Text="Games." Sort="off" Auto="On">
			<List Text="Show all Games (F/G)." Sort="On" Auto="On">
				<Path>F:\Games</Path>
				<Path>G:\Games</Path>
			</List>
			<List Text="Show Games on (F) only." Sort="On" Auto="On">
				<Path>F:\Games</Path>
			</List>
			<List Text="Show Games on (G) only." Sort="On" Auto="On">
				<Path>G:\Games</Path>
			</List>
		</List>


to this 

 

		<List Text="Games" Sort="On" DelayLoad="True">
			<Path>E:\Games</Path>
			<Path>F:\Games</Path>
			<Path>G:\Games</Path>
		</List>

To make it work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ciaociao90 said:

...

There is no formating error. There are just sub menues added. The xml file works also totaly fine for me. The "Fix" you postet is simply the default value as in my xml code but without sub menues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dark Destiny said:

There is no formating error. There are just sub menues added. The xml file works also totaly fine for me. The "Fix" you postet is simply the default value as in my xml code but without sub menues. 

You're right, the issue was that I'm still on my default HDD and hence I've installed my game in the "E:\" directory which is not being listed in your xml code

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, ciaociao90 said:

You're right, the issue was that I'm still on my default HDD and hence I've installed my game in the "E:\" directory which is not being listed in your xml code

Reason I don't list E:\Games is that no one realy installs a game on a 5GB partition. E:\ is for Apps and Dashbaords (mainly). 😉 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...