[DL] OGXBox Cerbios BFM USB Softmod Installer (1fichier & Mega)

• 2 weeks later...

i was running softmod on v1.1 og xbox. i logged in via ftp and found e:\UDATA\21585554 and renamed it to e:\UDATA\21585554-OLD. Copied over the new 21585554 folder via FTP and ran the E:\UDATA\21585554\000000000000installer.xbe

my kernel is 5838, confirmed in unleash x before running this program. it completed and told me it would return to the first screen and that all i needed to do was reboot. on rebooting, i am greeted with green microsoft logo and then black screen after the xbox logo. 

did i brick my console?? im not sure how/where i went wrong here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark Destiny said:

Yeah, I don't think that your 1.1 has a 5838 kernel. That was the one from your softmod not the orig. one of your xbox which you should have checked in the MS dash as written in the read me and pdf and mentioned in the video. 

can i recover with a modchip or i am boned?

1 minute ago, Dark Destiny said:

In case your XBox LED still turns amber you can boot a DVD and fix it with FTP or the explorer. If not a modchip is the way to go IF you dont have a eeprom backup of your xbox on your PC. 

green light only. i dont have an eeprom back up. dang. 

Wow. This is freakin' incredible! One issue I have, though. As soon as I installed it, just getting past the boot animation flubber, the console fan speeds up to about 40% by the sounds of it. It slows down after loading up a game and playing a bit. Version 1.6; XBMC4Gamers default dash, 5838 kernel/5960 dash. 

32 minutes ago, Androxilogin said:

Wow. This is freakin' incredible! One issue I have, though. As soon as I installed it, just getting past the boot animation flubber, the console fan speeds up to about 40% by the sounds of it. It slows down after loading up a game and playing a bit. Version 1.6; XBMC4Gamers default dash, 5838 kernel/5960 dash. 

You can set the fan speed in the cerbios.ini which you can find on the C partition. 

Really awesome way to give Cerbios a spin for softmodded consoles, has worked successfully on a couple I've tried it on. Pretty direct, simple to use, sleek setup. Thanks for your efforts putting this together and sharing it!

• Like 2

• Dark Destiny changed the title to [DL] OGXBox Cerbios BFM USB Softmod Installer (1fichier & Mega)
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 11:13 PM, Dark Destiny said:

Yeah, I don't think that your 1.1 has a 5838 kernel. That was the one from your softmod not the orig. one of your xbox which you should have checked in the MS dash as written in the read me and pdf and mentioned in the video. 

Good morning.
If I wanted to upgrade from Rocky's5 softmod to this one would it be possible? if so how?

On 4/17/2024 at 6:58 PM, solidus_snake said:

Good morning.
If I wanted to upgrade from Rocky's5 softmod to this one would it be possible? if so how?

Well, not want to be rude in any way, but if that is already a problem for you, you should NOT use this softmod at all. Also there is no reason to use it if you don't have 128MB ram, don't want to go above 2TB with your HDD and you don't want to use CCI. 

Anyway. There is no option to update from Rocky5's softmod to this one. 

How ever, if you like to update for what ever reason, I suggest to follow MrMario2011's YT tutorial : 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...